Options

SQL Backup Pro 6.5 and 7

qcjimsqcjims Posts: 38
edited May 11, 2011 4:07AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Your roadmap here http://www.red-gate.com/our-company/about/news/ mentions upcoming releases of SQL Backup. Can you share any high-level information regarding new features and capabilities? thanks.

-js

Comments

• Options
    Hi there,

Thanks for your post. 6.5 is mainly going to include some maintenance fixes. There are some features currently planned for V7 such as scheduled restores, however the list hasn't been fully confirmed for V7 yet.

Was there anything in particular you were looking for with either release?

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • Options
    I was curious about the feature set since the roadmap indicates releases this year.

I don't have anything in particular that I'd like to see at this point.
  • Options
    I have a feature I'd love to see in V7. One of the issues we came across with the current version was that we could not see remote shared drives when doing a restore. We were told to add a multi-string entry called BrowsingUserList to the registry in order to remedy this issue. It's easy enough to do on one or two servers, but once you get into the dozens it is a pain.

Would it be possible to add an interface to SQL Backup to control the list of users who have the ability to see remote shares? Even something to just push a list of users to each instance would be nice, it will save me a lot of work building up my own interface to do it.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks for your post. Yes, the requirement for adding reg keys through the GUI is something that the support team has discussed with the Product Manager. I don't know if it will definitely make it into V7, however I'll certainly bump this along to the PM so he is aware of another request for it.

Cheers,

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569