Proper support for KEEP_CDC in the user interface

GrahamGoodwinGrahamGoodwin Posts: 25
edited April 6, 2011 6:26AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I currently have version 6.4.0.56 installed on my computer. When is proper support going to be available for the KEEP_CDC within the user interface? I have already run the patch that enables the use of KEEP_CDC on the server but it would be nice if this was available in the Backup-Wizards too.

many thanks.

Graham Goodwin

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Graham

Thank you for your post into the forum.

What you are seeking will appear in SQL Backup V6.5 which is currently in development.

The planned release date for SQL Backup v6.5 is in Q2 / late May 2011, see the Road Map using this LINK.

I hope the above answers your question.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Graham

I have just been notified of a slight change in plans with regards to the KEEP_CDC keyword in SQL Backup V6.5.

Support of the KEEP_CDC keyword will remain a supported feature in the SQL Backup engine and have the same exact functionality as the patch version you are currently using.

Unfortunately the SQL Backup GUI will have minimal changes made to it, therefore you will be unable to add the KEEP_CDC keyword when using the Restore wizard. Which means you will need to continue manually editing your restore jobs to include the keyword.

However the ability to be able to set the KEEP_CDC keyword via the GUI Restore wizard will remain a feature request that will hopefully be included in a future version of the product.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com