Feature Request - alert detail: tab 'output' scrollbar

oderksoderks Posts: 67 Bronze 2
edited March 9, 2011 5:17AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I'm having problems reading the complete Output tab from an alert. Especially with deadlocks these can contain some rows that are not visible. Maybe a scroll bar on that part can help.

Comments

• Hi,

Which version of SQL Monitor are you using? And which browser?

We had an issue in one version but has been fixed since then. I have tried on 2.2 version with Firefox version 3.6.0.14 and it has scroll bar. You can try this link if you want to verify:

http://monitor.red-gate.com/Alerts/Details/66220

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • oderksoderks Posts: 67 Bronze 2
    Using SQL Monitor 2.2.0.260 with IE8 (8.0.79600) on Windows 7.
    Clicking your link and going to 'output' shows me up to the line stating 'Node: 3'. I also do not have a scrollbar to go through all text.
    I cannot see what's in there becasue the performance data is then showed. Sometimes I'm sure there is a line after that, becasue I see the top pixels of text showing.
  • Thanks for confirming.

I just tried on IE8 and can confirm that this is another IE specific issue. You can either use another browser for time being (Firefox/ Chrome) or copy the output to notepad. Even though IE is not displaying the scroll bar but when you copy, it actually copies the complete output. I am logging this as SRP-3623.

On side note, performance of SQL Monitor is generally better on Firefox/ Chrome w.r.t IE. So you may want to try to another browser.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • oderksoderks Posts: 67 Bronze 2
    Thanks for the tip. Installed Chrome for using SQL Monitor. Cannot completely move from IE due to company standards (and some other tools only supporting IE), but it sure is faster.

Oh... And it also shows a scrollbar so I can read the complete text :D
  • Great to hear this. :D
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software