Options

Deactivation problem

weswinklerweswinkler Posts: 54 New member
How do I deactivate programs when there is no connection to the Red Gate Activation server?

The programs are installed on a server in a work domain that does NOT allow direct access to the Red Gate Activation server. I had to activate the programs manually, via copy/paste of request and response from the activation server.

I am trying now to DEACTIVATE the serial numbers on that computer. The Deactivation Tool cannot connect to the Red Gate server (as expected due to domain connectivity) and reports that the computer must be connected to the internet.

There seems to be no option on the Red Gate activation page to request a manual DEACTIVATION, similar to the manual activation process.

Can I simply uninstall the programs, and not worry about the status at the Red Gate Activation server?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Thanks for your post.

Red Gate products can only be deactivated using the deactivation tool. There are security issues associated with allowing deactivation by email or on the Internet, but our engineers are trying to find a way to do this securely in the future.
  • Options
    We also now have this issue, in that we have a machine which can not have internet access. Now we want to deactivate the product and re install on another machine.

I note Brian's response is 18 months old and wondered if there was now a solution to this?

Thanks

Rob
  • Options
    You can fill in the following form:

http://www.red-gate.com/webactivation/r ... tions.aspx

And we will process your request for reinstating the activation.

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    rexchenrexchen Posts: 4 Bronze 2
    I have the same problem, the server can not connect to activation server to deactivate the product.
    Is there a better way to deactivate the product?
    What is the url of activation server ? host ip? port?