Options

Suggestion List from Snippets

MikeONeillMikeONeill Posts: 131
edited February 22, 2011 11:59AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Hi

Am I missing something , I type my normal ssf , Select * From and I used to get an immediate List of tables , now it seems I have to press Space to see the list ??

Mike

Comments

• Options
    Hi Mike,

I've just tried typing ssf with various completion keys in SQL Prompt 4 and SQL Prompt 5, and I haven't yet see any differences in behaviour. You're correct that after completing the ssf snippet, you have to type ctrl-space to show the list of tables.

If you've managed to get the list of tables to appear immediately after completing the snippet, could you let me know which completion keys you have set up, and what keystrokes you are using?

Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul Stephenson
    Project Manager, Red Gate
  • Options
    The supplied snippet is "SELECT * FROM".

I modified this to include a space at the end, thus "SELECT * FROM ", thinking it might make my life easier.

Reading this post, I now realise that whereas, before, my tapping space would trigger the list of table names, now, with the space included in the snippet, I have to additionally Ctrl-space to make the same list appear.

Perhaps you're seeing something like this?

Hope I make sense!
    David McKinney
  • Options
    MikeyCMikeyC Posts: 249 Bronze 3
    I have noticed the same thing, I have a space after the FROM in my SSF snippet as well, and then have to hit ctrl-space to get suggestions. It would be nice if it brought the list up automatically.

I'm thinking maybe an additional placeholder like $SUGGEST$ to let it know that we want the suggestions to come up at that point. ($SUGGEST$ would probably need to position the cursor as well.)
  • Options
    MikeyCMikeyC Posts: 249 Bronze 3
    I have added the $SUGGEST$ placeholder feature request to the uservoice site, so if you like the idea you should go vote for it: http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/94413-sql-prompt-feature-suggestions/suggestions/1519439-add-suggest-placeholder-in-snippets