Database list filter / Readonly account suggestion

lehrsj24lehrsj24 Posts: 13 Bronze 2
edited February 1, 2011 9:48AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
First I'd like to say that I do like this product.

I know it's been suggested before and I too have need of a read-only type account that doesn't allow changes to the configuration. Perhaps the configuration screen doesn't even need to be a display option but if it is, it should be read-only.

I would like the ability to allow the support team of an application to get a read-only view of just the database instances that deal with their application. I know there are server groups but that doesn't work for applications. I might have these SQL servers:

ServerA
ServerA_SQL_Instance1
ServerA_SQL_Instance2

ServerB
ServerB_SQL_Instance1
ServerB_SQL_Instance2
ServerB_SQL_Instance3

ServerC
ServerC_SQL_Instance1
ServerC_SQL_Instance2

I might have two applications, Summer and Spring, that use the following servers/sql instances:

Application: SUMMER
ServerB
ServerB_SQL_Instance1
ServerC
ServerC_SQL_Instance2

Application: SPRING
ServerA
ServerA_SQL_Instance1
ServerB
ServerB_SQL_Instance1

What I would like to be able to do is set up some type of filter for SUMMER that includes server alerts for ServerB and ServerC and also includes alerts for ServerB_SQL_Instance1 and ServerC_SQL_Instance2. I don't want it to include th alerts for ServerB_SQL_Instance2 or ServerC_SQL_Instance1. I would then like to be able to give the SUMMER support person a link to the monitoring web site that shows him view-only data for this filter only.

I would want to do the same thing with the SPRING application.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi

This functionality is definitely in our roadmap for the product and is currently being tracked on the enhancement request SRP-3008.

We take note of all feedback and the more requests we have for this the earlier it will be implemented.

Thanks again
    Chris
    Chris Spencer
    Test Engineer
    Red Gate