Monitoring stopped

hbucknerhbuckner Posts: 67 Bronze 3
edited January 21, 2011 10:30AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I just upgraded some of my SQL server and the status in SQL monitoring has stopped on those servers. It states invalid credentials.

When I go to the log, it has

Login failed for user 'RKECNTY\msmomsvc'. Reason: Server is in script upgrade mode. Only administrator can connect at this time.

When I choose to retry connection it is fine.

Just thought I would share the info. Thought it was strange that it did not try on it own with out me doing something.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

SQL Monitor tries to connect/ do not connect based on the type of connection error.

Case 1: If the machine/ SQL Server is offline. This can happen for various reasons including SQL Server service going down etc. In this case, you would see the error "Unreachable" on the Manage Monitored server page. In this case, it will reconnect when the machine/ SQL Server comes back up.

Case 2: If the credentials provided is wrong or doesn't have insuffient permission. In this case SQL Monitor wont try to reconnect and you would have to manually reconnect. The reason being we dont want to keep trying to connect as it may otherwise lock your account. Since in your case, you got "invalid credentials" hence SQL Monitor didn't try to reconnect.

Case 3: If there is problem with one of the data collection methods which SQL Monitor uses then you would notice "cannot connect" status on the Manage Monitored server page. In this case also SQL Monitor would connect itself as soon as the data collection method sorts itself out.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software