How do I configure Source Control not to sync DB Users ?

alibulut2006alibulut2006 Posts: 25
Hi;
I don'T want to sync up my DB's users. How can I configure Source Control ?

Thanks
Ali Bulut
Senior Database Administrator & Project Manager
a.bulut@triodor.eu

Comments

• There is no way to filter out object types in the current version. We hope to add this in the coming months.

Would you want that no uses or permissions get added to source control at all, or would you want it to be added, but not get synced to each developer's machine when doing a get latest?

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Hi;
    I want it to be added, but not get synced to each developer's machine when doing a get latest.

I can do it when I leave this change uncommitted but I don'T want to see that my DB has changes and still not committed yet.

Thanks
    Ali Bulut
    Ali Bulut
    a.bulut@triodor.eu
  • This is the feature we'll be working on directly after our next 2.0 release, which includes static data support.

If you're on our EA notification list (http://www.red-gate.com/SourceControlEarlyAccess ) you'll get an update when we've got an early build for you to try out.

It's likely to be something similar to the filter feature in SQL Compare, where you can define rules that include/exclude your objects, which will therefore no longer appear in your commit/get latest tabs.

David
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Hi David;
    Thanks for explanations. I registered for early access list. That will be great functionality if we can choose syncronization options in Source Control

Regards.
    Ali Bulut
    a.bulut@triodor.eu