Connection failed (Bad data)

mipe10mipe10 Posts: 72 New member
edited January 11, 2011 8:49AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi,
I have sql monitored installed on a cluster. Everythings seems to work when a run the sql instance on one of the physical servers, when i fail over to the other machine in the cluster i get the error connection failed (bad data). The Exception message report that Perfmon data is missing objects: MSSQL$SQL1:Access Methods, MSSQL$SQL1:Buffer Manager, MSSQL$SQL1:Databases, MSSQL$SQL1:General Statistics, MSSQL$SQL1:Latches, MSSQL$SQL1:Locks, MSSQL$SQL1:Memory Manager, MSSQL$SQL1:SQL Statistics. Possible causes include performance counter library corruption, or a 32-bit/64-bit mismatch between Windows and the performance counter provider (e.g. SQL Server).

I have verified that both windows and sql server is running the x64 version. The counters reported missing exists on both physical machines as well (verified using perfmon on each physical machine)

I need help to find the problem.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

Apologies for the error.

Do you still see this error i.e. perfmon data not appearing? Or does it happen only for sometime just after the failover?

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • mipe10mipe10 Posts: 72 New member
    Hi,
    The problem exists when runnig on one of the physical machines. The problem is continues and isn't solved until I fail over to the other node where everything works fine.
  • mipe10mipe10 Posts: 72 New member
    Errors are also reported in the red-gate software log in windows (on the server where the base monitor service is installed. Perhaps I should start a support case instead to get to the bottom of this!?
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post. Yes, please raise a support call. Add a reference to this forum request too. Also, please send the log files and screen shot of the Monitored servers page also.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software