Include Server Name in Email Alerts

linquelinque Posts: 31
edited January 11, 2011 11:14AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I have about 8-days left on my trial version of SQL Monitor 2.0, and have a question about email alerts. If I get an actual SQL alert (vs. Server alert), I'll get an email like this:
Subject: 
MyDatabase_20110109: Database unavailable [Raised - High]

Body:
ID	65563

SQL Server	(local)
Object	MyDatabase_20110109
Alert type	Database unavailable
Level	High
Time raised	1/11/2011 1:19:43 AM (UTC)
View alert

OR
Subject:
(local): SQL Server Agent Service status [Raised - High]

Body:
ID	329

SQL Server	(local)
Alert type	SQL Server Agent Service status
Level	High
Time raised	1/6/2011 9:18:14 PM (UTC)
View alert

The issue is that it doesn't tell me which server it came from. I know all I have to do is click on the alert to see it, but I would like to know which server (server name) it's coming from. Is there any way to change this? I have a mix of about 16 database servers to monitor, and it would be nice to see if I need to roll out of bed to fix an issue on a production server, or go back to sleep if it's only a development server.

I'm loving the software so far, btw!

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

Thanks for you feedback. Looking at the email sample, I assume that you are on version 2.0 of SQL Monitor. We have improved emails in version 2.1. Please download version 2.1 and check the new email format. Some sample emails below:
    Subject: SQL Monitor–524551 | tst-priya2 > (local) | Blocked process (Raised - Low)

Body:
    ID:	524551
    SQL Server:	(local)
    Machine:	tst-priya2
    Alert type:	Blocked process
    Level:	Low
    Time raised:	5 Jan 2011 03:42 PM (UTC+00)
    View full alert details

Subject: SQL Monitor–524550 | tst-priya2 > (local) | Deadlock (Raised - High)

Body:
    ID:	524550
    SQL Server:	(local)
    Machine:	tst-priya2
    Alert type:	Deadlock
    Level:	High
    Time raised:	5 Jan 2011 03:42 PM (UTC+00)
    View full alert details

Also, if you think that you need more time to evaluate SQL Monitor then please contact support@red-gate.com. They will be more than happy to give you trial extension license key.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Yes, I was on 2.0. I just upgraded to 2.1. Much better, thank you!

I'm hoping my purchase request gets approved before my trial expires, but I'll be sure to request an extension if necessary.