Location of SQL Backup log files on Windows 2008 R2

gsc_ghxgsc_ghx Posts: 73
edited January 6, 2011 12:30PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I am trying to find the location of the sql backup log files on Windows 2008 R2. They used to be in a Windows 2000 OS located -->> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log.

Can someone tell me where they are located now?

Thanks. :wink:

Geri

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

By default on a Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 Server, Windows Vista and Windows 7, you will find the SQL Backup Log Files in this directory:
    C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\<SQL_Instance_Name>

Alternatively the path to the SQL Backup Log files can be found via the'Server Options' in the SQL Backup GUI.
    Right Click Server Name ->Select Options... ->File Management tab ->SQL Backup log files section ->Log file folder: text box contains the path to where the log files are located.

You can also change the location of the SQL Backup log files via the Server Options.

I hope the above answers your question.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Thank you Eddie that was what I needed.!!
  • GauravGaurav Posts: 6 New member
    Hi Eddie,
    Can you please let me know if I have to check the path of log file from 1000 server , as in that case for sure it is not feasible to check from the serv 
    Hi Eddie,
    Can you please let me know if I have to check the path of log file from 1000 server , as in that case for sure it is not feasible to check from the server option .

Is there any tsql or powershell script so that we can get the result in one go.

Thanks in advance 
    Hi Eddie,
    Can you please let me know if I have to check the path of log file from 1000 server , as in that case for sure it is not feasible to check from the server option .

Is there any tsql or powershell script so that we can get the result in one go.

Thanks in advance