Options

Error in Upgrade to 6.4.0.56 -

gsc_ghxgsc_ghx Posts: 73
edited January 6, 2011 12:43PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Error in Upgrade to 6.4.0.56 - Setup failed to check that the SQL Backup extended stored procedures were installed.

I am trying to upgrade a SQL Server 2000 server from 5.4.0.55 to 6.4.0.56 and received the following error:
Setup failed to check that the SQL Backup extended stored procedures were installed.

Any information on what I can do to fix this or is this just a warning that can be ignored?

Thanks
Geri

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Most likely cause is because SQL Backup failed to connect to the SQL Server instance to check if the extended stored procedures were installed correctly. You can this this manually by logging on to your SQL Server instance using Query Analyzer and running the following:
    EXEC master..sqlbackup

You should see 2 result sets, and the column name of the first result set should show 'SQL Backup v6.4.0.56'.

If you get an error, or if it does not show 6.4.0.56, I would suggest installing the SQL Backup server components manually. To do this, copy the server components installer (SQBServerSetup.exe) from your SQL Backup installation folder (where you installed the GUI) to the server and run it there.

As you are running SQL Server 2000, you may have problems upgrading the extended stored procedures. See here for possible workarounds.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    Thank you Peter...