There is no change but Source Control shows me item

I create a link for my database and I did first commit for all objects to add them to source control. But one item didn't committed and always shown as "uncommitted" item in the commit list.
It is a table, when I review the changes; source control doeasn't show any changes but even I commit -that change next time it appears again.
What should I do ?
Is this a bug ?

Thanks .
Ali Bulut
Senior Database Administrator & Project Manager
a.bulut@triodor.eu

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

SQL Source Control diffs the SQL objects in the database and the scripts in source control. If there is a commit failure, you should be notified about that in the software, so most likely it's some unexpected behavior in the diff engine of SQL Source Control.

When you view the differences on the commit tab, what differences are shown? If none, it may be a collation-related issue, so do both sides use the same collations, and what about the database-level collation that you see between the live database and the RedGateDatabaseInfo.xml file you can find in C:\Users\you\Local Settings\application data\red gate\SQL Source Control 2\WorkingBases\your.working.base.gobbledygook
  • Hi Brian;
    Here are the asnwer related your questions :
    * There are no differences are shown. This is the main reason I poted this issue
    * My local DB has "Turkish_CI_AS" collation, RedGateDatabaseInfo.xml has "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" collation

How can I solve this issue ?

Thanks
    Ali Bulut
    a.bulut@triodor.eu
    Hello Ali,

I have a sneaking suspicion that it may have something to do with the Turkish collation because of the "three-case-I" problem, but it really shouldn't affect a case-insensitive Turkish collation. Anyway I can test this out internally.

In the meantime, can you please send the SQL Source Control logs via email? They are in %userprofile%\local settings\application data\red gate\logs\sql source control 2.
  • Hi Brian;
    I noticed that SQL Source Control shows as a difference between database version vs. source contro version following items :

Database Version :
    Create Function [dbo].[Binary2Char] (@vbData Varbinary(256), @iStart Tinyint, @iLength Tinyint)

Source OCntrol Version :
    Create Function Binary2Char (@vbData Varbinary(256), @iStart Tinyint, @iLength Tinyint)

There is only one difference : "dbo."

I hope this help to understand problem..
    Thanks and Regards.
    Ali Bulut
    a.bulut@triodor.eu
    I don't think this should matter. Anyway, if you commit, the difference should go away. Maybe the same object is defined in two different script files? We should probably get the log files from you.
  • Hi Brian;
    I sent log file to you by email yesterday. Source control shows only this differences "dbo.xxxxxx" vs "xxxxxx".

And; very strange that we all restored same database backup to our local SQLServer. You should work over this whay do this happen.

Thanks.

ALi Bulut
    Ali Bulut
    a.bulut@triodor.eu