Pending Log Copy

nderendingernderendinger Posts: 2
edited December 24, 2010 4:52AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I just installed and got backups running. Did full and then transaction log backups which went great. However, I've been waiting forever for the pending log copies. I run logs every 2 hours and in 30 minutes they are due to run again.

I can't seem to place the job on hold until I can talk to you about it - so it's going to continue to submit.

Unfortunately I told it to only keep 5 copies of each log backup on the server. So if we don't get this answered quick I will loose log with no backup because the copies havent been made. I think I was stupid and said to delete first! I don't know whether that makes a difference or not.

I saw:
http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/vi ... 3546#33546

but felt uncomfortable going through such a process on my own without your guidance - especially since this is the first time I've ever used the product.

It's 11:35pm my time, and I'm 6 hours behind you. You arrive at 9AM so that's 3AM my time.

I will set my alarm and be watching for an email from the forumn for you somewhere near after that time. Please let me know what to do.
Thanks,
Nancy

Comments

• I worked on this issue with Nancy through a private support ticket. We came to the conclusion that the issue was probably caused by a corruption in the backupfiles_copylist table.

Nancy cleared the tale, and this seems to have cleared up the issue on this occasion.

If you clear the copylist table, you will need to manually copy any pending transactions logs manually. You can clear the table using he following query:
    EXEC MASTER..sqbdata 'delete from backupfiles_copylist'

Chris