Options

Analysis Services Support?

DanColbertDanColbert Posts: 7
Are there plans to support Analysis Services source control?

That would be extremely useful!

Comments

• Options
    We would consider this if there were enough demand. Can you describe exactly what you're looking for? For example, what problem are you trying to solve that isn't solved using the current tooling?

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Sorry, I just now saw your reply...

What I would be interested in is having the same source control functionality for cube structures that you already have for database structures.

We use Subversion for our source control, so to have the same SSMS connectivity to the cube structure would be very helpful.

I hope this clears it up.

Thanks.

Dan
  • Options
    Does that mean you'd expect SQL Source Control to be integrated into BIDS, or would the cubes be source controlled from SSMS?

David
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Wow, fast reply!

I was thinking source controlled from SSMS.

But if it were integrated with BIDS, that would also be awesome!

Dan
  • Options
    How would you want the user experience to be in SSMS? Can you describe how your would want a cube structure to be source controlled?

David
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    As I've thought more about this, it would probably make more sense to have the interface be through Visual Studio.

With that in mind, are there any plans to integrate SQL Source Control into Visual Studio?

This would be both for SSIS and SSAS.
  • Options
    Yes, putting SQL Source Control in Visual Studio is definitely on our roadmap. We hope to investigate this mid to late next year depending on demand. Please vote for it here:

http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/390 ... ?ref=title

Kind regards,

David
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software