Disk overview

hbucknerhbuckner Posts: 67 Bronze 3
edited November 30, 2010 9:44AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Under the host machine overview the Disk information seems to be comming from the Physicle Disk counters and under the SQL server Instance the disk information is from logical disk counters.

Under my logical disk counters > I have system reserved partions showing up that I do not care much about. Can they be excluded somehow or should I just get use to seeing them.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi

We do not collect any information from the Physical Disk counters.

We currently have a bug open for excluding "HarddiskVolume1" from the overviews - is this the same system partition that you are seeing?

Thanks
    Ben
  • hbucknerhbuckner Posts: 67 Bronze 3
    Yes Ben. That is the same name that is showing up under the SQL instance view. It was created by the Windows 2008R2 OS by default I belive.

That partition does not show in my Server overview, just under the SQL Instance overview. That was why I thought different counter we being used. In perfmon under the physcil disk counters the partition does not show up but under the logical disks counter they do.

Thanks for looking into it.

Thanks for a great monitoring tool!

Ben C wrote:
    Hi

We do not collect any information from the Physical Disk counters.

We currently have a bug open for excluding "HarddiskVolume1" from the overviews - is this the same system partition that you are seeing?

Thanks
    Ben