Options

Failed to load aspx page

DonJohnsonDonJohnson Posts: 3
edited November 29, 2010 5:15AM in Exception Hunter 2
I've just downloaded the exception hunter but can't process any of the aspx pages of the website.
An exception was encountered while trying to load the assembly D:\...\afile1.aspx.
RedGate.Exceptions.AssemblyNotLoadedException
  at RedGate.ExceptionHunter.Logic.CecilSPI.DotNetAssembly.a(Exception )
  at RedGate.ExceptionHunter.Logic.CecilSPI.DotNetAssembly.a(Boolean )
  at RedGate.ExceptionHunter.Logic.CecilSPI.DotNetAssembly.a(String )
  at RedGate.ExceptionHunter.Logic.CecilSPI.DotNetAssembly..ctor(IExceptionHunterSession session, String fullPathname)
  at y.GetPE(String fullPathname)
  at v.AddSessionAssembliesAndReferences(IEnumerable`1 filenames)
  at RedGate.ExceptionHunter.UI.MainForm.<>c__DisplayClass21.<AddAssemblies>b__1d()

Caused by:

Compilation of ASP.NET pages did not succeed: Utility to precompile an ASP.NET applicationCopyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.D:\...\afile2.aspx(31): warning BC40004: withEvents variable 'Header' conflicts with property 'Header' in the base class 'Page' and should be declared 'Shadows'.(there's a list of other aspx files that have this problem)./EhVirtualDir/anotherfile.aspx(11): error ASPPARSE: Cannot use 'javascript' because another language has been specified earlier in this page (or was implied from a CodeFile attribute).
RedGate.Exceptions.AssemblyNotLoadedException
  at G.FullNameForAssembly(String filename)
  at cB.a(String , Boolean )
  at bz.LoadAssemblyFromFile(String filename)
  at bs.e.PerformTask()
  at bs.a()

Comments

• Options
    Hey, sorry to hear you're having problems. What happens if you manually run the aspnet compiler?
  • Options
    I forgot to mention that it's a dotnet 1.1 framework it's running on.

Anyway, I'm not a dotnet developer and it's a live machine that I'm investigating so I'm a bit reluctant to do any live compiling. Is there another way?
  • Options
    error ASPPARSE: Cannot use 'javascript' because another language has been specified earlier in this page (or was implied from a CodeFile attribute)

The (microsoft) aspnet compiler doesn't seem to be able to parse the files. I'd look into what other languages have been implemented on the pages.

You'd be best off migrating the website to a test environment so you can look at it in more detail.