Performance issue? Anyone seeing any?

randyvrandyv Posts: 166
edited November 25, 2010 4:52AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I just un-installed Monitor 2 for the time being.

I'm going through an ETL to convert our company to a new system.
The new system server was being monitored. All day I've been trying to load data into a target table using the import tool of the vendor's software and it just wasn't going it.

I noticed memory use was very high during this time and I couldn't figure out why.

I decided to just uninstall Monitor 2. I did that (which was on another server for the web and base monitor); then started the batch load again.
The server ran like a scalded dog and finished in 10 minutes!

Anyone have any idea why that would happen? Could it just be coincidence? I don't think so because the batch was the same file. I just killed the load; uninstalled Monitor 2, then restarted the load clean.

Interested in any ideas anyone may have. I'd like to use Monitor 2 as this will be the going forward product, but I can't have it tying up my production servers.
What we do in life echoes in eternity <><
Randy Volters

Comments

• hbucknerhbuckner Posts: 67 Bronze 3
    I have several servers being monitored and have not seen any high numbers. Did you open task manager to see what processes were consoming the memory.
    randyv wrote:
    I just un-installed Monitor 2 for the time being.

I'm going through an ETL to convert our company to a new system.
    The new system server was being monitored. All day I've been trying to load data into a target table using the import tool of the vendor's software and it just wasn't going it.

I noticed memory use was very high during this time and I couldn't figure out why.

I decided to just uninstall Monitor 2. I did that (which was on another server for the web and base monitor); then started the batch load again.
    The server ran like a scalded dog and finished in 10 minutes!

Anyone have any idea why that would happen? Could it just be coincidence? I don't think so because the batch was the same file. I just killed the load; uninstalled Monitor 2, then restarted the load clean.

Interested in any ideas anyone may have. I'd like to use Monitor 2 as this will be the going forward product, but I can't have it tying up my production servers.
  • Hi Randy,

I'm sorry you've had a performance problem that might be related to SQL Monitor. If you can, please send any information that would help us reproduce or diagnose the problem to daniel.kenyon-jones {AT} red-gate.com .

Cheers,
    --
    Daniel