Options

Facing problem with profiling application

SANTSSANTS Posts: 4
Hi there,

I am running ANTS Profiler version 4. OS - Windows 2003 R2 SP2, IIS 6, Visual Studio 2008. I facing problem while running the application from ANTS Performance Profiler using option :-
ASP.NET Web Application Hosted in IIS ---> Web Application URL is the url of the application (same while running using browser) -- Profile On: Original Port (IIS will restart).

It gives Database connection error ("Failed to connect to Server") while the same application when I run it using browser directly or thru VS2008, it works perfectly fine.

I tried even using unused port option and even that also gives error.

What could be the problem?

Comments

• Options
    The problem is very likely that when your app pool runs under ANTS, it no longer has access rights to the database.

Can you please ensure that the ANTS service runs as a user with sufficient permissions (i.e. the same as the usual app pool account).
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip.

The app pool user is Network Service user. After we set the same user under services for ANTS Performance profiler service, the profiler is not able to restart the IIS before it profiles. We get the following error. Can you please suggest what could be wrong now.

Could not launch the task to be profiled.
    RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Exceptions.CannotStartSessionException
    at bI.Launch()
    at RedGate.Profiler.Session.ProfilerSession.j()

Caused by:

Could not start IIS.
    RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Exceptions.CannotStartIisSessionException
    at bO.PerformLaunch()
    at bI.Launch()

Caused by:

Type 'bz' in Assembly 'RedGate.Profiler.Engine, Version=4.3.0.198, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57' is not marked as serializable.
    System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException
    stack trace:
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitSerialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter)
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Write(WriteObjectInfo objectInfo, NameInfo memberNameInfo, NameInfo typeNameInfo)
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object graph, Header[] inHeaders, __BinaryWriter serWriter, Boolean fCheck)
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers, Boolean fCheck)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.SerializeResponse(IServerResponseChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders& headers, Stream& stream)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
    rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.IIISActuator`1.StartProfilingIIS(String currentUserName, String subprocessVariableValue)
    at bO.PerformLaunch()
  • Options
    any suggestions on this issue