Support for sql 2008 R2

techvslifetechvslife Posts: 10 Bronze 2
edited November 10, 2010 11:04AM in SQL Refactor Previous Versions
Any update on this? Will we see a version released in Q4 that supports sql R2? Thank you.
There is an official public release due Q3 this year. We don't have specific dates just yet, but this is our best estimate.

David Atkinson
Product Manager
Red Gate Software

Comments

• We're hoping for a public release later this year. The private fix is currently available here:

http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... php?t=9960

Kind regards,

David
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • As we have just purchased the SQL Developer bundle with a 1 year subscription, and it specifically states on your website that SQL 2008 R2 is supported, how should we proceed?

Should our annual support be extended by the time lapse between purchasing the toolkit and the time that R2 is supported?

Or is R2 actually supported now?

I ask all this because the current download fails on R2 at the point of starting SSMS but the 1.5.1.75 patch resolves but appears to not be fully tested yet.
  • Luke JeffersonLuke Jefferson Posts: 37
    edited November 10, 2010 10:55AM
    Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear about your issues with SQL Refactor and R2.

The more recent patch, 1.5.1.83, linked below

http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewtopic.php?t=9960

should address some of your problems.

Please note that we will be releasing SQL Prompt 5 soon, which incorporates all the SQL Refactor functionality in the one tool; many of our users were asking for them to be combined. The SQL Prompt 5 release will have gone through the full test cycle. If you would like to try the early access version of SQL Prompt 5, which also has some new features, then drop me an email and I'll send you the details.

All the best,

Luke Jefferson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Hi Luke

Does this mean that 1.5.1.83 has undergone full testing or are you going to supercede it with SQL Prompt 5 and not do full testing on 1.5.1.83?

When is SQL Prompt 5 due to be avaiable after completing a full cycle test? (Approximately :D )
  • Hi Chris,

As SQL Refactor will be retired, we don't have any serious plans to improve the patches. That said, SQL Prompt 5 will be properly tested and should be available in the new year (approximately :D).

Let me know how you get on with the tools and feel free to email me with any questions, feedback or suggestions.

LJ