Options

SQL Backup Hanging

sunbakedsunbaked Posts: 12
edited October 21, 2010 10:21AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi,

I am running 6.2.0.134 and every few nights i have a database that hangs during the backup process - by that i mean the file exists as zero size and the progress meter just keeps going. The only way i have been able to kill the backup is to actually restart the sql server.

Thinking the files could be corrupt or something i have been deleting the databases as they have this happen to them. I am now down 6 databases and it seems to just move onto another one in a night or two later.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is not an issue we were having with v5 on this server but as we have been upgrading all of our servers to v6, this one has been upgraded and now has our upgrade process halted while we figure out the issue!

Comments

• Options
    Hello All
    I Am Mathew I have not Answer for that query I also Facing the problem of Data backup..When back up Sql data at that time Often again hanging problem so any one have idea and solution tem me..
    Thanks..
    R4games
  • Options
    I had this same problem. My backups and log backups would hang all the time. Once I started to run my backups one right after another and verify after each one, I don't have the problem at all any more. Hope this helps.