Order of table syncronization

mohaaronmohaaron Posts: 46
Can someone tell me how data compare decides what order the tables are synced in in the generated script?

I ask because I am now having a problem with the generated script inserting rows of one table that are dependent on another table. This causes the sync to fail every time now. The only thing I can do is copy the script into query analyzer and manually cut/paste the inserts into the correct order.

Comments

• Hi,

This sounds like a bug . It shouldn't be ordering the statements as you described. Is there any chance that you could provide us with the necessary to reproduce it in-house so we can fix it for the next release? Which version of SQL Data Compare are you using (the version number can be found in the About dialog)?

Thanks and best regards,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • The version that I have is 5.2.0.40.

What do you need me to provide to help you solve this. I could give you the script that is generated, would that help? Did you want the script along with the schema?
  • Thank you for emailing us your schema details.

If we manage to reproduce this in-house there is a good chance we can fix this for the next release.

Best regards,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Just a note to say that we've reproduced this issue in-house and have logged it in our bug tracking system as a candidate for the next release

Many Thanks
    Chris Spencer
    Test Engineer
    Red Gate
  • Thank you. That is good news. It will be great to have this fixed.

Regards,

Aaron
  • We using datacompare 8.0 & still having issue with the script that datacompare generates. It doesn't put the statements in the right order... any solution for this\did this bug get fixed?

-Senthil.