Options

Restore fails, '5(Access is denied.) under admin rights

jlangejlange Posts: 3
edited September 28, 2010 12:16PM in SQL Virtual Restore 2
I'm using the wizard to select the hyperbac compressed file and restore it to the existing directory, with the username on the machine being both a local admin and having dbo in SQL Server. I keep running into the following error when the wizard attempts to restore the database:
The operation system returned the error '5(Access is denied.)' while attempting 'RestoreContainer::ValidateTargetForCreation' on <filepath>.

I've verfied that the target location exists and checked that the sql service is running as local system. Any other areas to check? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    If the backup file is remote to the system you are doing a virtual restore on, then you need to change the HyperBac service account to an account which has full control access to the remote path (eg domain user account). This is the only time you would change the HyperBac service from running as LocalSystem.
    Jeffrey Aven
    Product Management - HyperBac Technologies
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    The backup file isn't on a remote system, and is located on the same volume where hyperbac made the backup. Is there a internal account hyperbac might be using to perform the restore? Otherwise I'm totally out of ideas. I'm having this problem on another server as well. I'm running windows 2003 enterprise x64 if that helps to bring up any ideas. Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi

I have just sent a private message to you. I need to create a Support Call for you, as per the private message I sent, can you please send an e-mail to support@red-gate.com with the requested information.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com