Options

Memory configuration

swirl80swirl80 Posts: 26
edited September 7, 2010 6:31AM in SQL Virtual Restore 2
is there a minimum amount you recommend for virtual restore? I'm testing with my test box which has 4gb of ram and hyperbacsrv.exe takes all the memory and doesn't release it unless you restart the service, is there a way to limit this?

I'm also getting intermittent restore errors. The messages say the DB has restored but get this when it trys to bring it online:
Processed 2 pages for database 'DatabaseHere', file 'DatabaseHere_log' on file 1.
RESTORE DATABASE successfully processed 1670450 pages in 460.264 seconds (28.354 MB/sec).
Msg 3167, Level 16, State 1, Line 6
RESTORE could not start database 'DatabaseHere'.
Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 6
RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

any ideas? This happened on about 25% of DBs during my full rebuild of the test environment

Comments

• Options
    think i've sussed the memory issue. If you run it from a script its fine but in order for me to get the script i launched the gui and tried to add a file, this is what consumes all the memory and doesn't release it!!!

Almost 4GB of ram gone in about 20seconds!!! The memory still doesn't release it once the application is closed and the only way i can sort it is to restart the service
  • Options
    Hi,

This issue has been resolved in release 5.0.24.0, a technical support rep will get in contact with you to get you setup with this
    Jeffrey Aven
    Product Management - HyperBac Technologies
    Red Gate Software