Options

Protected app works only on dev machine

Uniwares_ASUniwares_AS Posts: 168
edited September 7, 2010 4:46AM in SmartAssembly 5
First time I see this happening, but the protected app runs only on the dev machine. On any other machine it crashes.

Weird about this:
* message: Process is terminated due to StackOverflowException.
* no exception reports are created or sent

The protected app is including a few other merged assemblies, so there are no other dependencies except .net

I can send the file for analysis if needed.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

Thanks for your post, unfortunately this is not a lot to go on. Just to confirm, is your development computer on a 32-bit OS and the other computers running 64-bit OS? SmartAssembly seems to be sensitive to the bitness of the application so perhaps compiling it explicitly for 32-bit if it is loading any 32-bit unmanaged DLLs may help.

Otherwise, the application will need to be debugged and/or checked for binding failures. Maybe your development machine has some assemblies in the GAC that need to be in the GAC and the other machines do not have them in their GAC.

Can you attach a debugger (Windbg, for instance) and check for exceptions in the protected assembly when you run it?
  • Options
    All 32bit, no GAC dependencies. Will do a check with windbg and let you know.
  • Options
    Feel free to send the assembly to our support address if you want us to try to debug it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the assembly. It's hard to work out from the obfuscated assembly, but my impression is that you are using reflection to bind to an assembly called Uniwares.aManda.FileUpload.Client, Version=1.0.3893.33493, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f1d90c6d130b5386 and this is failing with a null-reference exception. Additionally it looks like SA is trying to display this information and is causing a stack overflow in the process.
  • Options
    Sorry for the late reply, didn't get the notification it seems.

No, the mentioned assembly is merged, but not bound using reflection.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll see if it works with "embed" and go from there.