profiling web asp.net application

gbetzgbetz Posts: 4
i am profiling asp/net application and i clearly see there are memory issues - the private byte and bytes in all heaps are growing steadily. Using the filter 'disposed objects that are still in memory' i was able to determine that many classes (web user controls mostly) are staying in memory indefinitely (up to 287 instances each!!!) and new instances of it keep getting created and they don't get disposed. When i look at object retention graph however - I am not able to find anything that makes any sense to me. When I click 'open with instance of visual studio' option - it takes me to auto generated code page that looks something like this:

#pragma checksum "C:\projects\LeadImpactMain\adservices_zango_com\www\UserControls\HelpHover.ascx" "{406ea660-64cf-4c82-b6f0-42d48172a799}" "F0516F4E6C7E603BF362E423E98344C4"
//
// <auto-generated>
// This code was generated by a tool.
// Runtime Version:2.0.50727.3615
//
// Changes to this file may cause incorrect behavior and will be lost if
// the code is regenerated.
// </auto-generated>
//

namespace ASP {

#line 333 "c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\web.config"
using System.Web.Profile;

#line default....
any suggestions on how can i proceed to get to the actual code that is causing the problem? I am not a web developer in the first place so these pages don't make a whole lot of sense to me, I feel there should be a better way to get to the truth of it all.

thanks a lot,

Galina

Comments