Multiple Management Studio Windows

dm0527dm0527 Posts: 3
edited August 19, 2010 9:22AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I'm attempting to run multiple Management Studio 2008 windows with SQL Prompt 4 in Windows 7 64bit.

When I load up the first Management Studio everything works fine, however when I load up the second Management Studio app, SQL prompt doesn't work (only in the second app, the first works fine still).

When I go to the SQL Prompt menu and check "Enable SQL Prompt" (or Disable SQL Prompt, either one), I get the following error:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at a.Execute()
   at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.Commands.VSCommandControler.Exec(String CmdName, vsCommandExecOption ExecuteOption, Object& VariantIn, Object& VariantOut, Boolean& Handled)
This was working at one time under Windows 7, however it was hit and miss. In Windows XP it seems to always works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-
Scott Smith

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post.

Can you kindly uninstall existing SQL Prompt and install the latest patch version from here?

Kindly let me know if this fixes the issue.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • That seemed to do the trick, however I have to run the second instance with Administrator privileges in order for SQL Prompt to work. I'm not sure if this was the case previous to installing the patch.

Thanks
    -
    Scott Smith