Error: Ignored statement found in file

newbie_926newbie_926 Posts: 5
edited August 12, 2010 9:37AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Good Day!

I would like to ask help regarding the error.
What I did was like this:

1. Create Schema Script from the database to a clean folder
2. User Sql Data Compare to synchronize the data to the same folder
* so in the folder, there is not Data, Function, Stored Procedure, Tables and RedGateDatabaseInfo.xml. Using Sql Compare and Sql Data Compare from the database to the folder will say that both are identical
3. I made a script(.bat) that will compare the same database and folder but this time in command line. The script looks something like this:
* cd "C:\...\SQL Compare 8"
sqlcompare /db1:"<database>" /server1:<server> /u1:sa /p1:<password> /script2:"<the folder>"
... also added sqldatacompare
4. On the first try of the bat file in the command line, it works great and usually has a message like "database is identical" or something.
5. Tried to edit the database like added data or edit a stored procedure to test my bat file. Upon running the bat file now, it has an error "Error: Ignored statement found in file" usually in a file inside the Data folder.

After this i tried to run using Sql Compare Application instead of command line, the same parsing error will appear from this time on.

Im sure I did not edit anything specifically on the files generated by Sql Compare and Sql Data Compare.

If you have met the same error, kindly help pls.

More Power!

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post.

I can see my colleague James replied to your similar query. He wrote: "Thanks for your query on the Comparison products, and I'm sorry for the delay in replying.

Your problem sounds very similar to a known issue currently under investigation at this end, which also revolves around script folders.

It's logged in our development system under reference SDC-1132 and I've added the details you supplied us with to that call.

I'll get back in touch once I have more details, however it's currently marked as a high priority for the next update to the product."
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • I'm also having this problem.

The first time I ran sqldatacompare comparing a script folder to a database it ran fine.

I then made some test data changes and ran it again and it correctly compared and synchronized the scripts folder.

Now, every time I run it all the script files generate the error:

"Error: Ignored statement found in file" for every line of the file.

Very annoying as I am in the process of setting up powershell scripts to automate updating our test database.

Any updates on this?
  • Would you be able to try the patch build linked from here:

http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... hp?t=10917

If it isn't fixed in this version, give us a shout!

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Unfortunately the patch doesn't seem to have fixed the problem, although if I add the /ignoreparsererrors switch then I can continue OK.

Of course once it is fixed I'd like to remove this switch so I am alerted of any parser errors.