Location of SQL Backup Logs on Windows 2008 Server?

charleyevanscharleyevans Posts: 15
edited August 11, 2010 4:21PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hello,

I am trying to locate the SQL Backup Logs for a Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 installation of SQL Backup 6.4.0.56. These logs are found on a Windows 2003 Server installation of SQL Backup in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\(local). I've tried looking in the C:\Users\All Users\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log directory on the Windows Server 2008 machine, but the directory is empty. Is there another place I should look? Do I need to configure something to make SQL Backup create them? The account the SQL Backup Service runs under is a local admin on the machine, so their shouldn't be any permissions issues getting in the way of the account writing to the local media. Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else but doing a search on this was not helpful, as the terms are just too generic.
Thanks,

Charles Evans

Comments

• Someone had placed it in an odd location.
    Thanks,

Charles Evans
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

In Windows Server 2008 OS, by default the the SQL Backup log files are in this directory:

C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\<SQL Instance Name>If you are ever unsure of the SQL Backup log file path, always check the server options via the SQL Backup GUI:

Right Click Registered Server ->Select options... from the menu that appears. File Management Tab _>SQL Backup log files section, the Log file folder text box will contain the path to the SQL Backup Log files.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • If you are ever unsure of the SQL Backup log file path, always check the server options via the SQL Backup GUI:

Right Click Registered Server ->Select options... from the menu that appears. File Management Tab _>SQL Backup log files section, the Log file folder text box will contain the path to the SQL Backup Log files.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Thanks Eddie, that is actually what I stumbled across and how I found it out.

Cheers!
    Thanks,

Charles Evans