creating a report on restores

mherfkensmherfkens Posts: 5
edited August 2, 2010 12:08PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have scripted out the restore of a couple of thousand databases and it seems to work fine. But I need to be able to generate a report on any failures so I do not have to dig through the output. The built in reporting seems to only be for backups. Is it possible to generate a report on restores out of Red Gate's logs? Is this a built in feature that I have just missed? Thanks for your help.
Michael Herfkens
mherfkens@opsource.net

Comments

• Thanks for your post.

You haven't missed a feature, the report facility only shows you backup history. It's a good suggestion to add restore data to this report, so I've logged a feature request for it (SB-4562).

Currently, the best way to view the restore history will be to view the activity history within the GUI.
    Chris
  • Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I have been using the activity history, I was just looking for something a little more flexible and easier to read. Unfortunately when you are looking through that many restores using the activity history is cumbersome.

Michael
    Michael Herfkens
    mherfkens@opsource.net
  • brosatobrosato Posts: 89 Bronze 2
    I use the With Mailto option. I set up a filter in Outlook to move all success emails to a folder and only leave failures in my inbox. Works pretty well.