Options

Command Line won't synch

lfreijolfreijo Posts: 16 Bronze 2
edited July 22, 2010 12:38PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I am using a command line similar to this:

C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"Red Gate"\"SQL Compare 8"\sqlcompare /snapshot1:\\fileserver\datashare$\Redgate_Snaps\ProdSrver$Instance.Database.snp /server2:DevServer /database2:Database /options:Default,IgnoreCertificatesAndCryptoKeys,IgnoreFileGroups,NoSQLPlumbing,IgnoreUsers /synchronize /ignoreParserErrors /exclude:identical /force /verbose

However it keeps failing on 2 different types of errors:

1. failed: Line 16: Incorrect syntax near 'GO'. Must
declare the variable '@variable'.

2. and that a login does not exist on the server

I know there are issues, but I thought using the IgnoreUsers and NoSQLPlumbing options would allow the app to skip the errors and synch the rest of the items. However once it gets to an error it just stops and the rest remains undone. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Hi there,

It looks to me like you are referencing V8 of SQL Compare with deprecated syntax. You should be using NoTransactions instead of NoSQLPlumbing per the syntax from the help file.

To get a full list of current syntax, you can run something similar to the below from the command line:
    sqlcompare /? /v /html >"c:/SQLCompare_8_Help.htm"

HTH!

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • Options
    lfreijolfreijo Posts: 16 Bronze 2
    I changed the syntax you suggested but I am getting the same error.
  • Options
    Hi there,

In order for me to look into this further, I would really need to see snapshots or creation scripts for each DB, or even better backups.

If you want, you can zip these up and send them to support(at)red-gate.com with reference number F0036514 and we will have a look at this for you.

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569