Options

Date compare in customer site

yacovyacov Posts: 15 Bronze 2
edited July 8, 2010 12:41PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
WE have more thane 400 stations customers of SqlExp2008R2 ,how to snap the date from the tables customer.
I want to send the customers the difference between my DB and Customer DB

please advice
Regards
yacov -R

Comments

• Options
    Hi there,

Sorry, are you looking to take a snapshot of data too?

If that is the case, I am afraid that this isn't supported. About the only option available to you if you want to included data too is to request a backup of the database from your customer.

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • Options
    yacovyacov Posts: 15 Bronze 2
    Hello
    Peter as i sed in my question ,we have 400 station of SQLExp2008R2
    we need to sync the object and some thables not all from our site
    i know to do sanping the objects ,but i dont know how to snap the few tables that we changed in our site
    please advice
    Thank you very much
    Regards
    yacov -R
  • Options
    Hi there,

It sounds to me like you have 400 customers, each with a database in a different state and you want to be able to update each of them on the fly.

The *only* way of doing this would be to create your own custom app using the SQL Comparison SDK. You would need to essentially build an app that contained a snaoshot of your database which would then use the API of SQL Compare to compare the snapshot against the live customer DB on site.

You could also use the SQL Data Compare API to create a script folder version or a backup of all of the data within your database, and ship that within the app to perform a comparison of data against data.

The above though, once running, would compare everything in the databases. If you only wanted a subset of objects or data compare, you would also need to program this into the app yourself.

We have some code examples of using theSDK which are available from the below link, however nothing as in depth as what you require I am afraid:

http://labs.red-gate.com/index.php/SQL_Comparison_SDK

I hope that this goes someway to helping you acheive what it is you are looking for!

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569