The server has rejected the credentials

skallebankskallebank Posts: 8
edited June 25, 2010 8:07AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi,
Any suggestions to what im doing wrong?

I have db server located at our dmz. I have installed SQL Response Alert Repository using my login at dmz.

When i try to connect to the repository, i get the "The server has rejected the credentials" error:

what am i doing wrong?

Comments

• Hi there,

It sounds to me as if you are running into the secure remoting issue when connecting the SQL Response client to an alert repository that is in a different domain.

The below knowledgebase article should explain how to get around this, however if I am misunderstanding please do let me know:

http://redg.at/bsOD8D

HTH!

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • Hi,

I did as you told, and now im getting another error:
    "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <SqlResponseConfig>
    	<TcpPort>7398</TcpPort>
    	<DataDirectory>C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Response 1\Alert Repository\</DataDirectory>
    	<ServiceType>user</ServiceType>
    	<ServiceStart>1</ServiceStart>
    	<!-- This will affect the polling frequency for these recommendations; No backup exists for database, Full backup overdue, Log backup overdue,   Integrity check overdue and Page Verification is off- setting to 5 hourly  -->
    	<DatabaseRecommendationCheckTime>18000</DatabaseRecommendationCheckTime>
    	<!-- This will affect the polling frequency for these recommendations; Transaction Log has excessive free space and Data file has excessive free   space- setting to 5 hourly -->
    	<DBFileTime>18000</DBFileTime>
    	<!-- This will affect the polling frequency for these alerts; Computer unreachable, Computer Login Failure, SQL Server Lgon failure and SQL Server      unreachable - setting to every 5 minutes -->
    	<WmiPingTime>300</WmiPingTime>
    	<!-- This will affect the polling frequency for these alerts; Job Failure, Job did not start, Job duration unusual and SQL Server agent not running -  setting to every minute -->
    	<JobInfoTime>60</JobInfoTime>
    	<!-- This will affect the polling frequency for these alerts; Low physical memory and CPU utilization unusual and also affect the wmi get machine      statistics and sql get machine statics calls- setting to every 30 seconds -->
    	<PerfMonTime>30</PerfMonTime>
    	<!-- This will affect the polling frequency for this alert; Low disk space - setting to every 2 minutes -->
    	<DiskInfoTime>120</DiskInfoTime>
    	<!-- This will affect the polling frequency for these alerts; Long running query and Blocked SQL Process - setting to every 45 seconds-->
    	<SysProcessesTime>45</SysProcessesTime>
    	<!-- This will affect the polling frequency for these alerts; SQL Deadlock and SQL Server error log entry - setting to every minute  -->
    	<SqlErrorLogTime>60</SqlErrorLogTime>
    	<!-- This will affect the polling frequency for checking the clock time skew of the machine - setting to every 2 minutes -->
    	<ClockSkewTime>120</ClockSkewTime>
    	<!-- This will affect the polling frequency for checking for cluster fail over - setting to every minute -->
    	<ClusterActiveNodeTime>60</ClusterActiveNodeTime>
    	<!-- This will affect the polling frequency for checking for databases changing state - setting to every 2 minutes -->
    	<DatabaseStateTime>120</DatabaseStateTime>
    	<!-- This will affect the polling frequency for checking for Index Fragmentation - setting to every 5 Hours, however the IndexSchedule tag will override this-->
    	<DatabaseIndexTime>18000</DatabaseIndexTime>
    	<!-- This will affect the Scheduling for Index fragmentation checking - setting to occur at 04:00 am on Sunday (UTC) -->
    	<!-- Monday=1, Tuesday=2,Wednesday=3,Thursday=4,Friday=5,Saturday=6,Sunday=7 -->
    	<!-- Currently there are only schedules of type Weekly supported. -->
    	<!--<IndexSchedule type="Weekly" day="7" time="04:00"/>-->
    	<SecureRemoting>False</SecureRemoting>

</SqlResponseConfig>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <root>
      <persistRoot version="1" isObject="true">
        <Type>Settings</Type>
        <MainFormX>0</MainFormX>
        <MainFormY>0</MainFormY>
        <MainFormWidth>0</MainFormWidth>
        <MainFormHeight>0</MainFormHeight>
        <MainFormWindowState>2</MainFormWindowState>
        <MRUServers>
        </MRUServers>
        <PerformanceGraphColors>
        </PerformanceGraphColors>
        <IncidentCachePath>
        </IncidentCachePath>
        <MaxIncidentCacheBytes>104857600</MaxIncidentCacheBytes>
        <TimeFrameIndex>0</TimeFrameIndex>
        <UseIncidentSummaryDiskCache>False</UseIncidentSummaryDiskCache>
        <CommentUsername>
        </CommentUsername>
        <AlertView>
        </AlertView>
        <RecommendationView>
        </RecommendationView>
        <GroupByServer>False</GroupByServer>
        <ShowAlerts>True</ShowAlerts>
        <CacheTimestampMargin>1000</CacheTimestampMargin>
        <SecureRemoting>False</SecureRemoting>
        <AlertRepositoryVersion>0.0.0.0</AlertRepositoryVersion>
        <AskToUpgradeAlertRepository>True</AskToUpgradeAlertRepository>
      </persistRoot>
    </root>

• Hi there,

Is there a firewall between these domains? Since SQL Response uses WMI connections this can be tricky to configure through firewalls. You may want to have a look at the below articles which should help with this error message:

http://redg.at/aI4WIQ

http://redg.at/aGwME2

There is also an issue where if you have more than 2 NIC's on the AR machine and the one that you are connecting to is not the top binding NIC, SQL Response will have issues with connections. You may also want to stop the AR service and try pinging the IP address of the machine hosting the AR machine to make sure that you can get a connection, and then restart the AR service.

HTH!

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569