Failure during build

AntoineCAntoineC Posts: 12
edited June 23, 2010 11:27AM in SmartAssembly 5
When building my project with SmartAssembly 5 with the "I want to use strings encoding with improved protection" option, SmartAssembly build process fails with the following exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException.

Is this a known issue?

I have enabled all other settings in SA and the build works perfectly. The generated application is working without issue. I have a problem only with this option.

Thanks,

Antoine

Comments

• Hi Antoine,
    No, no-one has come across that issue before to my knowledge. I have an error report from you though, so we should be able to work out what's happened.

Thanks,
    Alex
    Developer,
    Red Gate .NET Tools
  • I have also seen this message.
    I can't be any more help, though. I've had the product about a month, and I've been testing all sorts of things and working issues between v4.2 & v5, and I have long since forgotten what I was doing to cause it or to make it go away.
  • That's the advantage of the error reporting - we can see a lot of the internal details at the point where the failure occurred, so we should be able to track the problem down fairly easily, and make sure that it's fixed in a subsequent release.

Mel
  • Paul.MartinPaul.Martin Posts: 83 New member
    In case anyone else has this problem, Alex had a look into the matter. He found that SmartAssembly was getting confused counting when it was trying to add the improved version the string encoding to strings when they are in the global namespace and class ("<module>").

The fix should be included in a forthcoming update (provisionally 5.2)

The two options I can suggest in the meantime:
    - Use the standard version of string encoding
    - Move the strings from the global namespace and class