Options

Feature Request - Ranking suggestions by popularity

PaulGoldstrawPaulGoldstraw Posts: 14
edited June 18, 2010 2:18AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
When using SQL Prompt 4, it would save time if the program remembered the most popular choices selected. For instance, when typing the table name [Customer], i type CU then hit tab but it performs the code snippet CREATE USER. If CU eventually settled on Customer as the most popular result, with the snippet below because i never use it, the time taken to write the code would decrease.

Another example is that we have numerous tables that start with the same name, for instance, MerchantStore, MerchantSystem and MerchantSettings. On almost every occasion I will want MerchantSystem, but this is the last of the 3 alphabetically. If the popularity of the selection were taken into account it would gradually end up a the top of the results, making things more efficient

Presumably if the list of entries is stored for display, a ranking for each item to order it by most popular first might be fairly easy to implement

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. We've logged this as a feature request and we'll consider it for a future release.

I guess in the first case you can simply remove the CREATE USER snippet?

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    I could remove it, yes. I tend to think the snippets are there to help when you think to use them, so I am reluctant to remove them unless I really have to, otherwise it's almost like i'm defeating the object of their presence. Thanks for looking into this though

Paul
  • Options
    kondrichkondrich Posts: 80 Bronze 2
    Paul,

I agree with you: This would be a great feature.
    It would be as useful as Firefox ranks browsing history entries.
    Regards, Klaus