Options

Using [DoNotPruneType()] dont work on inherited types

LectorLector Posts: 2
edited June 17, 2010 7:54AM in SmartAssembly 5
Hello,

We are developing a WPF-Application using .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. Using XAML we have the problem that SmartAssembly sometimes prunes some Properties that are only used by XAML because those dependencies cant be detected.
One possibility to avoid this problem is to use the [DoNotPrune()] or [DoNotPruneType()]-Attribute on Classes that are used by XAML. This works fine.
But 95% of our classes, that are used by XAML, are inherited from a speacial Base-Class i thought it would make sense to just add the [DoNotPruneType()]-Attribute to this base-class to prohibit Pruning on all the subclasses. Inheriting this property works very well and i can also read this property out of the inherited classes but SmartAssembly dont detect the [DoNotPruneType()]-Attribute on inherited Types.

It would be great if there would be a way to activate this property also on inherited types. I dont want to write this attribute to any single class because we have ~100 classes in our project that derive from your special XAML-compatible class.

We are using SmartAssembly v4.2.5.

Thanks,

Lector

Comments