Options

Transactional structure changes?

matdodgsonmatdodgson Posts: 2
edited May 27, 2010 5:58AM in MySQL Compare
Hi folks.

First might I just say that I've been waiting *years* for red gate to make mysql versions of red gate sql compare and sql data compare. I've used Sql compare / Sql data compare for years on Sql server and these are amazing tools! Great to see Sql compare for mysql.

Anyway, I am comparing the structure of 2 mysql databases. During the synchronisation, I got an error message from sql compare and the sync did not complete. Unfortunately, I notice that the synchronisation has been partly completed so the structure changes were not wrapped in a transaction. This is not good!

The database in question has a mix of innodb and myisam tables - perhaps this has something to do with it?

Comments

• Options
    Hi

I am really sorry you have had problems. At the moment the DDL changes are not wrapped an a transaction but my understanding and experiments indicate that DDL operations are not transactional. In fact, if you run a DDL statement it seems to commit the current transaction. This is using InnoDB on version 5.1.45 (I haven't tried it on other storage engines/versions). If I am wrong please let me know!

If you know what caused the synchronization to fail please let me know and I will try and fix the bug!

Lionel
    Software Engineer
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    Btw way I am very sorry it took me so long to reply to your post!

Lionel
    Software Engineer
    Red Gate Software