Options

Command Line Does Not Create Valid CHM

Janna.KellyJanna.Kelly Posts: 3
edited May 28, 2010 6:54AM in SQL Doc Previous Versions
I've created a sqldoc project using the UI and am now trying to use the command line version to run it from within my build script.

SQLDoc builds a 1KB CHM file that is not valid. If I generate from within the UI, I get an 87 KB CHM file that is valid and openable.

Here's the command line I'm using:
"c:\program files\red gate\sql doc2\sqldoc" /project:MyDatabaseDocumentation.sqldoc /filetype:chm /out:MyDatabase.chm /force

Any ideas or solutions would be welcome.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Sorry, the command line above should have read:
    "c:\program files\red gate\sql doc 2\sqldoc" /project:MyDatabaseDocumentation.sqldoc /filetype:chm /out:MyDatabase.chm /force

• Options
    Hi Janna,

Many thanks for your post. I have replicated this here and have raised a bug for it in our internal tracking systems under reference SDOC-1424. Hopefully this will be fixed shortly for the cumultive patch, however I will post on here when the fix is made.

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • Options
    Hi Janna,

Looks like I made a mistake here and should have read the documentation properly myself!

Anyway, if you save a project where the output is set to CHM then you won't need to use the out switch. Your code will then look something like:
    "c:\program files\red gate\sql doc 2\sqldoc" /project:MyDatabaseDocumentation.sqldoc /force

HTH!

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569