Options

Some Archived Messages in OWA not displayed

nramskillnramskill Posts: 5 Bronze 1
edited May 27, 2010 8:07AM in Exchange Server Archiver
Hello

I have recently started using Exchange Archiver, everything looks to be configured correctly and working, but i have an occasional problem with archived messages in Outlook Web Access on Exchange 2003.
On selecting an archived mail in OWA instead of the message you get a "The page cannot be found" HTTP Error 404 message. Other messages appear fine.

I have installed the OWA add-in and archived messages appear with the yellow envelope, so that looks okay, so I am not sure why the messages cant be displayed. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Neil,

I can think of a few potential causes for this. If you had recently changed the URL of the user archive access service without running a copyback is one. Another is a bug with non-latin characters in the email subject, which should be fixed in ESA version 2.

In Exchange 2003, unlike 2007, messages are copied up to the OWA cache first, so this process could be failing as well. We'd probably need a copy of the latest Archive Service log for starters to work out what the problem could be if the failure to upload to the OWA Cache is to blame.
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Neil,

The problem seems to happen when an archived message is retrieved that contains a Unicode subject in Exchange 2003. We have got an update to v2.1.1.11 that should sort the problem:

ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/ESA/ ... 1.2.10.zip