Options

VDI error 1010 - Similar issue

mbrownembrowne Posts: 3
edited August 17, 2005 5:08PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Daniel / Brian,

I am having a similar message when I run sqlbackup from Query Analyzer. I am getting the "VDI error 1010: Failed to get configuration from server...." I have checked the PATH as mentioned and that looks OK. I can run the same backup from the GUI and the Command prompt with no error. I am using the integrated security (-E) and the user has full sysadmin on the SQL server. The last message that I am getting is "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'" but this is not the user that I am logged in as. My version is 3.2.0.1

Mark Browne

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Mark,

When you run queries in Query Analyzer, they run under the security context of the SQL Server account. In your case, the SQL Server account is LocalSystem. (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM)

This means that you'd need to check the system environment variables and make sure that PATH includes <path to SQL Server>\80\Tools\BINN rather than using the PATH command from a command prompt.

To get to the system variables, open My Computer->Properties, click Advanced, environment variables and look at the ones under System variables.
  • Options
    Thanks Brian.

The PATH was set correctly but I did find that the "BUILTIN\Administrators" logon on that server was removed/disabled from SQL security. After I added this user back, backups were successful.
    (It is a concern that it is not using the domain account that I logged on as but, I can get around this issue for now.)