Options

Microsoft Dynamics Ax Enterprise Portal cannot be profiled

Hi,

I'm trying to profile a Microsoft Dynamics Ax Enterprise Portal application and for some reason it doesn't work. If you are not familiar with Dynamics, here is how it works in a nutshell.
The enterprise portal I'm trying to profile is a Sharepoint application which uses what is called the "Microsoft Dynamics Ax .Net Business Connector" acting as a bridge between .Net and Dynamics Ax.
The problem is that when profiling, ANTS Performance Profiler seems to get in the way during the authentication process of the business connector (using NTLM authentication). Note that the authentication on SharePoint seems to be working fine. The error I'm getting in the event viewer is as follow:

Dynamics Object Adapter Call failed.

CryptoAPI not available.
CryptoAPI not available.
Error executing code: CryptoAPI object not initialised.

(C)\Classes\CryptoAPI\salt
(C)\Classes\WebSession\clientCryptoInitializationVector - line 10
(C)\Classes\WebSession\parseArgs - line 98
(C)\Classes\WebSession\init - line 17

Microsoft.Dynamics.BusinessConnectorNet.BusinessConnectorException
at Microsoft.Dynamics.BusinessConnectorNet.AxaptaObject.Call(String methodName, Object[] paramList)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.BusinessConnector.Session.DynamicsObjectAdapter.Call(String methodName, Object[] paramList)

Is there any way I could exclude the Business Connector assembly from the profile? I don't really need to profile it as I can't change it anyway.

I'm using ANTS Performance Profiler 5.2 on Windows Vista (running as admin, UAC disabled) trying to profile Microsoft Dynamics Ax 2009 Enterprise Portal.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

ANTS Performance Profiler attaches to a process, so it cannot discriminate between code that is part of different modules. The only caveat to this rule is that amount of "invasiveness" a module will trigger. For instance, when you profile with line-level detail, extra processing and code rewriting is done and sometimes this interferance causes problems.

You could try deleting the .pdb file for the assembly you don't want extra information about and see if that helps.