Options

Feature Request/Suggestions

williamdwilliamd Posts: 34
edited April 12, 2011 2:20AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Hi,

I recall that work will be starting on the next release of SQL Prompt in the near future. I would appreciate it if you would consider the following features which I currently have to get by using the SSMS Tools Pack (http://www.ssmstoolspack.com/).

Regions - Just like in Visual Studio. Allows block of code to be grouped and collapsed. Makes it easier to look at 200+ line stored procedures. Native Intellisense in SSMS sort of does this with code inside BEGIN and END blocks.

Query Execution History - All executions within a tab are kept in an execution history tab. Options to save to a file/table are offered by SSMS Tools Pack too. Something like this would be fantastic.

Centralised Snippets/Layout Settings - At present it is difficult to pass round the settings for snippets, aliases and layout settings in our dev team. It requires finding and copying files in deeply branched folders. A better approach would be to allow a central network share so that the files are centrally located. The online FAQ for snippets says that the snippets are stored under c:\...... by default, does this mean that there is an option to move this already?

If the first two features can be implemented, it would reduce the need for more tools. The third feature makes the task of keeping dev standards much easier.

Many thanks!
Regards

William

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post and also for your feedback.

I have logged your request in our internal tracking system so that our development team can consider this in future release.

Following are the tracking Id's:
    1. SP-2941: Regions - Just like in Visual Studio. Allows block of code to be grouped and collapsed. Makes it easier to look at 200+ line stored procedures. Native Intellisense in SSMS sort of does this with code inside BEGIN and END blocks.

2. SP-2950 : Query Execution History - All executions within a tab are kept in an execution history tab. Options to save to a file/table are offered by SSMS Tools Pack too. Something like this would be fantastic.

3. SP-2951: Centralised Snippets/Layout Settings

I will update you as soon as any of these feature request is incorporated.

Kindly let us know if you have any other issues or questions regarding the product,I'll like to help.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    NiallNiall Posts: 36 Bronze 1
    3. SP-2951: Centralised Snippets/Layout Settings

This is a feature I would also like to see incorporated as I extensively use snippets and would like to be able to share them with my team and for that matter my laptop which I use for support purposes occassionally.