Multiscript and open transactions

ROOYEVAARROOYEVAAR Posts: 8
edited July 13, 2011 7:45PM in SQL Multi Script
Hello,

I use multiscript to run several stored procedure change scripts on databases.
I now run into the problem that a mistake has been made in the script, the closing COMMIT statement is missing. Multiscript just finished the script without any message, but obviously nothing happend, because the transaction is rolled back.

It would be nice if Multiscript would check if there are any open transactions after processing the script, like the SQL mgt studio does.

Any chance this could be implemented in a future update?

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post.

Can you kindly let me know the setting that you configure that would check if there are any open transactions after processing the script?

And also can you let me know the SQL Server Management Studio version?

After knowing above details I can than raise the feature request accordingly.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • As far as I know, there is no setting to check for open transactions in the MultiScript application, that's the point.
    I'm using MSSQL 2005 and 2008, and if you run a script there with an unfinished transaction, you get a warning when you try to close the query screen.
    I wanted to know about settings you make in SSMS.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • None really, this is default I guess.
    If you do a BEGIN TRANSACTION
    UPDATE sometable SET someColumn=1

and you leave out the commit, you should get a warning when you close the screen.
    Oh I see what you are saying!

I have logged this feature in our internal tracking system whose tracking id is SE-653.

I will update you as soon as it is incorporated in a release.

Kindly let us know if you have any issues or questions regarding the product,I'll like to help.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • Hi, has there been any movement on getting this feature working? Has it been released yet?