sqb2mtf errors

mrclodmrclod Posts: 60
edited April 6, 2010 9:59AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have copied over several different RedGate backups and have attempted to use sqb2mtf to convert to native format.

Version: 6.2.0.134

The examples of errors I get are:

Data decompression error: ZLib decompression error: data error
Device index out of range: 184

OR

Progress % continues on forever like an infinite loop.

OR

Device index out of range: 139

I have played with the compression settings to see if that is the issue, but still not conversion.

Any ideas?

Comments

• RBARBA Posts: 152 Silver 3
    Hi mrclod,

It's possible that you're experiencing a compatibility issue that has been fixed in the later versions. Please upgrade to version 6.4 and try again (from the UI, you can click 'check for updates'). You may also be interested in trying SQBConverter.exe (found in the UI installation directory) which serves the same purpose as sqb2mtf.

Regards,
    Robin Anderson
    Development
    Red-Gate Software
  • Downloaded SQBConverterGUI from red-gate ftp site, put it in a nice, little, cozy directory, double-click....wait...wait....nothing.

Tried running on w2k3 sp2. Event tried setting compatibility mode to xp for giggles.

Also, cannot upgrade to production on a whim. Change control will take a while to get a new version to production.

Got anything else?
  • You might want to replace the copy of SQBConverterGUI on the FTP site. That is the issue.

I went and used the one that installed with the ToolBelt and that one does work.