SQL agent not running

Andrew HodgeAndrew Hodge Posts: 132
edited March 30, 2010 7:07AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi,

I get a an instance of SQL Agent not running per night across a number of servers. These are related to when the server is

1) Either getting hit by a job
or
2) When a snapshot is occuring of the virtual machine disks and the i/o to the disks is frozen for a very short period (less than 3 seconds).

What is this warning actually monitoring? Is it checking the service status?

I dont get any errors about sql server or computer unreachable just the SQL Agent not running.

Are there any behind the scenes configuration options for this one?

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

The SQL Server Agent not running alert is generated when either the SQL Server Agent service is in a stopped state or encountered a problem which has caused it to fail.

The SQL Server Agent not running alert (along with the Job Failure, Job did not start and Job Duration unusual alerts) is checked every 60 seconds.

The computer unreachable and SQL Server unreachable alerts are checked every 5 mins, which may explain why you do not experience these particular alerts

A support call has been created for you, the support call reference is F0033005. Can you please sent to us a copy of the Alert Repository Log File you us to analyze via e-mail to support@red-gate.com with the call reference number in the subject field of the e-mail.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Sent log through to support