Crash when no database selected

PowlinPowlin Posts: 42 Bronze 3
edited March 15, 2010 6:01AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
When I work with SSMS, it append sometime that no database is selected.

When this occur and I try to create a new query, SSMS pop with the connexion prompt.

When I try to start SQL Search in this state it crash and ask to send a report.
I already send an error report, but I wanted to report the exact cause of this crash.

Thanks

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post and apologies for inconvenience caused.

Can I confirm that this is a SQL Search issue and not SQL Prompt?

Can you explain what exact steps you follow to have the state 'No database selected'?

I would like to replicate the issue at my end as that will help us to investigate further.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • PowlinPowlin Posts: 42 Bronze 3
    I'm sorry, but i'm unable to provide exact step, but this happend very often when SSMS is open from a long time.

It's often when doing Table Design.

The problems seem to be with SQL Search it crash right after pressing the SQL Search button in the toolbar, alos even if SQL Search tab is already open or not, it crash also.

After the crash there's a custom submit report, if I check Ignore error before submitted or not, everything work but the database combo box has no item selected (look like when (cmbDatabase.SelectedItem = Nothing). If I don't check the Ignore error SSMS is closed.

Also I've submited an error report the first time it occured, is these report contains enough information to identify the bug ?

If I'm able to reproduce the bug today, can I send an screenshot of it, if yes how can I send an image ?

Thanks
  • Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for the post Marc and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I have emailed you kindly reply to that email with the screenshot to maintain the track of this issue.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com