Options

Large number of context menu items

cokertcokert Posts: 11
edited February 24, 2010 5:09AM in SQL Refactor Previous Versions
When I right click on a table in SSMS, I get a large # of options from SQL Prompt as shown in the image below. Why does this happen, is this normal, and is there a way to disable these context menu options as I never use them?
sqlprompt.png

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Tim,

Thanks for contacting us, but unfortunately this is a known problem that we have been unable to reproduce. It has something to do with having multiple versions of SQL Server installed on the system, but that alone doesn't seem to cause the multiple context menu items in itself. This is our bug ID: SR-772.

Sorry, we haven't got a patch or workaround at this time.
  • Options
    Can I disable those entries in the context menu? I don't use those items in the context menu.
  • Options
    Hi Tim,

What versions of SQL Server and/or SQL Server Management Studio have you got installed on the computer running SQL Refactor. Please also include service pack information. Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi Tim,

What versions of SQL Server and/or SQL Server Management Studio have you got installed on the computer running SQL Refactor. Please also include service pack information. Thanks!

Only have Management Studio 2008 installed. As far as versions of SQL Server, I don't think I've ever installed the engine of any versions on this computer. I probably had SSMS 2005 at one point, and I still have BOL 2005 installed. SSMS 2005 has since been removed, though. I do show MSSQL 2005 "Compact Edition" and MSSQL 2005 "Mobile Developer Tools". I think they got installed with VS2008, though.

This probably doesn't help at all, but its best I can tell you. This PC has been around for quite a while with the current OS install. Probably getting time to install the OS and all apps.

From what you've said, it sounds like if I start from a clean install, and only add the MSSQL 2008 tools, I shouldn't get the repeated menu items. Is this correct?
  • Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your reply.

I will forward these details to one of our developer and we will try to reproduce this issue.

Can you kindly confirm that you always had multiple right context menu or it was working fine for you before?

If yes than can you remember what changes were done to your SQL Server or your machine that triggered this behaviour?

Above details will help us to investigate further.

Thanks for your co-operation.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com