BUG: strange results with .

emoreauemoreau Posts: 55 Bronze 2
edited March 16, 2011 3:50PM in SQL Search Previous Versions
if you type "a.b" (without the quotes), the list of results is filled with many items but non are relevant and nothing is highligthed.

In fact, I was looking for something like "dbo.UP_" and got strange results.

Apparently the . is messing up things.

Comments

• We are experiencing the same behaviour, if you search for xxx.dbo.tablename the results are not as expected until you remove the xxx.dbo. Makes it much harder to find references to another db.
    semper in excretia sumus solum profundum variat
  • Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing.
    SQL Search currently ignores dot and so the issue. We are looking into addressing this soon.
    I will keep the forum posted and thanks for your patience.

Regards,
    Tanya
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • I was wondering why SQL Search was giving me false positives. Having the "." is critical when working with schemas. Is there an ETA on a patch for this?

Thanks,
    Traci
  • Our databases use schemas extensively. Searching for schema.object is producing many invalid hits because SQL Search is ignoring the dot. Is there a patch coming for this anytime soon?

Thanks,
    Traci
  • Hi Traci,

We do not have any dates on this as yet but this issue (SDI-128) is very high on our list and we are looking into working on this soon.
    I will keep the forum posted with updates on this.

Thanks,
    Tanya
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • The behavior should be much improved now. Please download the latest build and let us know how you get on.

http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... hp?t=11125

Kind regards,

David
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • David,

After reading your note, I downloaded the latest build (1.0.0.321) but it still behaves as described in previous posts. It does not give me all the search results. I am using SQL Server 2008 SP2 Developer edition.

Regards,

Srdjan