Options

FORMAT SQL bug - ALTER VIEW statemet

rldawgrldawg Posts: 35 Bronze 3
edited February 4, 2010 8:38AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I am a frequent user of the Format SQL statement. It comes in very handy when you're working with others who may use the designer to create views.

When editing a View I like to use format SQL so i can see how everything is laid out. Ever since SQL Prompt 4 came out, the Format SQL command no longer works when I have a script for a view. Prior versions of SQL Prompt the formatting worked just fine.

The workaround is to manually select the SELECT statement in the script and then select Format SQL. But this is an extra step that I didn't have to do in prior versions of SQL Prompt.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, the fix for this didn't make it into SQL Prompt 4. I believe the temporary workaround was to stop SQL Prompt laying out ALTER VIEW statements.

We are still working on the fix, and it is still open and scheduled for a future version. However, I'm not sure exactly when you can expect it.

For your reference the bug tracking number for this is SP-2770.
    Chris
  • Options
    Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, the fix for this didn't make it into SQL Prompt 4. I believe the temporary workaround was to stop SQL Prompt laying out ALTER VIEW statements.

We are still working on the fix, and it is still open and scheduled for a future version. However, I'm not sure exactly when you can expect it.

For your reference the bug tracking number for this is SP-2770.

Is there any news on this bug and the same one in CREATE VIEW ?

And is there some way to see bug status ?
    Cheers,
    SteveC.
  • Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Hello All,

Many thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

I am pleased to inform you that we have fixed the SQL Prompt issue you were experiencing in our latest patch.

Kindly check the forum post to download the version: https://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/v ... hp?t=10248

Please let us know if this fixes your issue.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Just downloaded and installed the patch ...

looking good :-)
    Hello All,

Many thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

I am pleased to inform you that we have fixed the SQL Prompt issue you were experiencing in our latest patch.

Kindly check the forum post to download the version: https://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/v ... hp?t=10248

Please let us know if this fixes your issue.
    Cheers,
    SteveC.