Format SQL does not use Default Style

npetronpetro Posts: 4
edited February 4, 2010 6:57AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I have upgraded to SQL Prompt 4 and have run into an issue with the Format SQL option. I am using the Default Style and the Sample Query tab shows the SELECT statement with each column on a new line and the JOIN tables are indented nicely. However, when I click on the Current Query tab the style is not applied to my query. The only thing that happens is the spaces are removed and no formatting is done.

Do I need to set some additional settings or something to get the format option to use the default style? If not, then I believe the Format SQL option is not working properly.

Without this feature working properly, I may have to leave RedGate tools and I really like RedGate tools...

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Thanks for your post and apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Could you kindly send us the query and screenshots of your Data statements settings on support@red-gate.com so that I can replicate the issue and find any resolution?

Kindly include this forum link in your email.

Many thanks for your co-operation with this issue.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Dear Nick

Thanks for your email.

The alter view is the statement that is causing the issue with SQL prompt.

If you comment that ALTER VIEW AS line and try to check the 'Current Query' window it should be fine.

I have logged this as a bug in Jira whose id is SP-2770 and it will be addressed in our next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Whenever you contact us, it helps us if you can include your call reference - F0025778.

Thanks,

Anuradha Deshpande
  • Dear Nick

Thanks for your email.

The alter view is the statement that is causing the issue with SQL prompt.

If you comment that ALTER VIEW AS line and try to check the 'Current Query' window it should be fine.

I have logged this as a bug in internal tarcking system whose id is SP-2770 and it will be addressed in our next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Whenever you contact us, it helps us if you can include your call reference - F0025778.

Thanks,

Anuradha Deshpande
    Thanks Nick for posting my reply.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • Any idea of a time frame for the fix for this problem?

I am having the same issue with a DECLARE tmp CURSOR FOR SELECT ... statement.

Everything is left justified.
    Thanks
    Bill Soranno
    MCP, MCTS, MCITP DBA
    Database Administrator
    Winona State University
    Maxwell 143
    wsoranno@winona.edu

"Quality, like Success, is a Journey, not a Destination" - William Soranno '92
    Many thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

I am pleased to inform you that we have fixed the SQL Prompt issue (SP-2770) you were experiencing in our latest patch.

Kindly check the forum post to download the version: https://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/v ... hp?t=10248

Please let us know if this fixes your issue.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.